Early Career Researchers

Funding for PhD Research

There are seven 'Research Councils' which offer funding for PhD research. They are government agencies, funding specific research areas, and at postgraduate level they offer competitive studentships, funding either one-year Master's-level study or three-year MPhils or PhDs. Individual institutions often advertise their research council funded studentships in the educational press – see below for details of these. You should also check individual university and college websites, and those of the specific departments that you are interested in, as they will advertise any research council awards currently available.

For funding at LSHTM go to http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/funding/

Online Resources