- This topic
Welcome to the LSHTM Careers Service,
part of The Careers Group, University of London
COVID-19 Update from the Careers Service - in line with government guidance the careers team is now working from home. We are still available for careers appointments but these will all be via Skype or Zoom. When booking for a Skype appointment, please email Careers@lshtm.ac.uk with your Skype address.
Who can use the LSHTM Careers Service?
- Current full-time or part-time students on the 'intensive' master's programmes;
- Current full-time or part-time research degree students;
- Recent graduates of these programmes (who graduated within the last two years)
What we offer
- Employability talks, workshops and coaching sessions, delivered by careers consultants;
- One-to-one guidance with professional careers consultants;
- One-to-one CV and application form advice;
- Practice interviews - experience a real interview situation, receive feedback and tips for improvement;
- Access to career events, including employer and alumni talks and panel discussions;
- Access to vacancies listings;
- Online resources giving information on career options, further study, job-seeking and application skills.
Careers provision for Distance LearnersIn addition to LSHTM Careers events and resources, distance learners have access to the University of London's comprehensive programme of careers events.
If you wish to give feedback on the careers service or make any other comments or complaints, please email email@example.com
Where can you find us?
We are currently working remotely and can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org. To book an appointment please go to the Book an appointment link.
You said - we did
Digital accessibility - The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for as many people as possible. For more information please see the accessibility section on our website, which includes our Moodle accessibility statement. Please contact email@example.com if any of our resources require adjustment in order to be accessible to you.
Please note: Recordings created from September 2020 onwards are accompanied by automatically generated subtitles and transcript by Microsoft or Panopto. This is not always 100% accurate.
Student feedback indicated...
...you would like more contact with alumni.We now run alumni networking events for students to meet alumni working in a range of sectors.
...many students would like to see a wider range of organisations at our Careers Information Fairs, including more organisations recruiting non-clinicians.We have opened our careers fairs to a wider range of employers, and almost 50% of organisations at recent fairs were recruiting for roles other than clinical roles. Full details of the organisations that attended are available on the events page.
...you would like more information about employers both in this country and overseas.We recruited four student ambassadors to conduct informational interviews with representatives of organisations in this country and overseas. Their reports can be found in the 'Employer Information' folder in the Career and study options section.