Materials from previous events can be found lower down the page in Missed an event? This includes recordings of a number of talks, workshops and larger events, slides from careers workshops and notes from some of the talks given by guest speakers.
Please note, dates may be subject to change so always check details here on the day.
Did you attend our Global and Public Health Careers Forum on Thursday 28 Feb in the John Snow? If so, please fill in our feedback form (it will take just a couple of minutes). Click here for details of the panel.
Summer term events:
Watch brief filmed interviews with some of the employers who have attended in the past to get an idea of what to expect. These can be found in the Panopto panel on the right hand side of the page and there are interviews with Medair, Emergency, Costello Medical, NHS Scientist Training Programme and Raleigh International. View information about the organisations which attended the November fair here.
The events programme for this academic year has now finished, but many have been recorded so do explore the links below to access recordings and/or slides.
Missed an event?
If you couldn't attend an event we have slides and resources from workshops by careers consultants as well as recordings and notes from alumni, employer, guest speaker and panel events.
Student led seminars
Access the recording of the first student-led seminar here. This took place on Friday 18 Jan and featured Maura Reilly (HPPF), sharing her experience of working as Director of a Global Health Strategy firm and Fran Bury (Public Health) providing insight into her involvement in the UK Public Health Training Scheme.
Access the recording of the third student-led seminar here. This took place on Friday 8 Feb.
Recent alumni talks:
- Komal Gill, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work as a GP and with MSF in South Sudan
- Clyde (Lanny) Lanford Smith, founder of Doctors for Global Health
- Molly Martell, speaking about options in Biotech for MSc graduates
- Dr Alex Kumar, Global Health Physician
- James Cherry MD, Distinguished Research Professor of Pediatrics, UCLA
- Charles Ebikeme, Science Officer, International Council for Science
- Dr Ben Marshall, respiratory specialist
- Anne Stevenson, HPPF alumna and the Program Director for the Neuropsychiatric Genetics of African Populations (NeuroGAP) - Psychosis study at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Broad Institute. Read her blog.
- Sarah Wookey, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work with MSF in Chad
Recordings of alumni talks are available under 'Missed an Event?'
Events for PhD students and researchers
Are you making full use of the Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network? It provides a comprehensive programme of training events - find out more here: https://doctoral-skills.ucl.ac.uk/bloomsbury/