The Careers Service leaflet listing events for this academic year is now available. Pick up a copy from the Welcome Desk in the Library or the Student Hub. Download a copy of the Careers Service leaflet here or from the link at the bottom of this page.
Forthcoming events (no booking required except where specified)
Careers in public health in the UK (careers information workshop) - Tues 22 Oct, 12.45-13.40 in LG81
Job hunting outside the UK (careers skills workshop) - Wed 23 Oct, 12.45-13.40 in LG81
LinkedIn: Why use it and how to get the most from it - Wed 30 Oct, 12.45-13.40 in LG2
How to build contacts to develop your career - Tues 12 Nov, 12.45-13.40 in LG81
Careers with UN Organisations - Wed 20 Nov, 12.45-13.40 in LG81
Finding and funding a PhD - Tues 26 Nov, 12.45-13.40 in LG81
LinkedIn - Wed 27 Nov, 12.45-13.40 in LG2
CV writing - Tues 3 Dec, 12.45-13.40 in LG80
Africa Health Placements - Thurs 31 Oct, 13.00-14.00 in LG24 - please note this organisation only recruits qualified doctors
CHAI (Clinton Health Access Initiative) - Thurs 21 Nov, 12.45-13.45 in the John Snow - advance booking (details to follow)
Autumn Careers Fair - Wed 13 Nov, 11.00-14.00 in the Lower Cafe area and the Manson Foyer
Student networking event - Tues 19 Nov, 17.30-19.00, Pumphandle Bar - advance booking essential (details to follow)
Panel discussion event - PhDs and academic careers - Tues 26 Nov, 17.30-19.00, John SnowResources from previous careers events can be found lower down the page. They include recordings of a number of talks, workshops and larger events, slides from careers workshops and notes from some of the talks given by guest speakers.
Resources from previous events
If you couldn't attend an event use the links below to access:
- slides and resources from workshops by careers consultants
- recordings and notes from alumni, employer, guest speaker and panel event
Student led seminars
- Maura Reilly (HPPF), sharing her experience of working as Director of a Global Health Strategy firm and Fran Bury (Public Health) providing insight into her involvement in the UK Public Health Training Scheme.
- Abda Mahmood (PhD student) speaking about being a researcher and Claire Hawksworth on research and service evaluation for end of life care
Recent alumni talks:
- Komal Gill, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work as a GP and with MSF in South Sudan
- Clyde (Lanny) Lanford Smith, founder of Doctors for Global Health
- Molly Martell, speaking about options in Biotech for MSc graduate
- Dr Alex Kumar, Global Health Physician James Cherry MD, Distinguished Research Professor of Pediatrics, UCLA
- Charles Ebikeme, Science Officer, International Council for Science
- Ben Marshall, respiratory specialist
- Anne Stevenson, HPPF alumna and the Program Director for the Neuropsychiatric Genetics of African Populations (NeuroGAP) - Psychosis study at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Broad Institute. Read her blog
- Sarah Wookey, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work with MSF in Chad
Recordings of alumni talks are available under 'Resources from previous events'