We have a range of events and workshops planned for 2018-19. Download a copy of our programme here.
Forthcoming lunchtime workshops (starting at 12.45 pm - feel free to bring your lunch):
Wed 5 Dec (room LG8) - Careers with UN organisations: another of our 'Careers Information' series, this session will focus on what UN organisations tend to look for in applicants, a variety of routes in and some ideas for working towards roles with UN organisations such as WHO, WFP, UNFPA
Tues 11 Dec (room LG2) - LInkedIn Lab: another chance to brush up on how you can use LinkedIn to research ideas, and make contacts as well as for your own profile
Wed 12 Dec (room LG9) - Making a Great PhD application: tips on applications for advertised PhDs and on putting together a PhD proposal
The first workshop of the new term will be CV writing on Tuesday 15 January
New addition to the programme: Working in the UK: visa options, 31 January, 12.45 pm. Please sign up here if you plan to attend
Please note, dates may be subject to change so always check details here on the day.
Materials from previous events can be found lower down the page in Missed an event? This includes recordings of a number of talks, workshops and larger events, slides from careers workshops and notes from some of the talks given by guest speakers.
Recent alumni talks:
- Komal Gill, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work as a GP and with MSF in South Sudan
- Clyde (Lanny) Lanford Smith, founder of Doctors for Global Health
- Molly Martell, speaking about options in Biotech for MSc graduates
- Dr Alex Kumar, Global Health Physician
- James Cherry MD, Distinguished Research Professor of Pediatrics, UCLA
- Charles Ebikeme, Science Officer, International Council for Science
- Dr Ben Marshall, respiratory specialist
- Anne Stevenson, HPPF alumna and the Program Director for the Neuropsychiatric Genetics of African Populations (NeuroGAP) - Psychosis study at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Broad Institute. Read her blog.
- Sarah Wookey, DTM&H alumna speaking about her work with MSF in Chad
Recordings of alumni talks are available under Missed an event?
Each year we hold two careers fairs, in November and May.
Watch brief filmed interviews with some of the employers who attended the November fair to get an idea of what to expect. These can be found in the Panopto panel on the right hand side of the page and there are interviews with Medair, Emergency, Costello Medical, NHS Scientist Training Programme and Raleigh International.
Events for PhD students and researchers
Are you making full use of the Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network? It provides a comprehensive programme of training events - find out more here: https://doctoral-skills.ucl.ac.uk/bloomsbury/
Missed an event?
If you couldn't attend an event we have slides and resources from workshops by careers consultants as well as recordings and notes from alumni, employer, guest speaker and panel events.